Chronic use of lithium has been associated with various ailments, including multiple renal effects such as transient natriuresis, nephrogenic diabetes insipidus, and partial distal renal tubular acidosis.
What does NDI stand for?
NDI stands for Nephrogenic Diabetes Insipidus
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NDI
We have 123 other meanings of NDI in our Acronym Attic
- Natural Draft Heat Exchanger
- National Dance Institute (New York)
- National Death Index
- National Decertification Index (International Association of Directors of Law Enforcement Standards and Training)
- National Deliverability Index
- National Democratic Institute
- National Dialogue Initiative (various organizations)
- Nautical Data International
- Navigation Data Integrator (US Navy)
- Neck Disability Index (physical therapy)
- Network Deployment and Integration
- Neurodevelopmental Impairments
- New Data Indicator
- New Dietary Ingredient (FDA)
- Nielsen Drug Index
- Nissan Design International
- Nissay Dowa Insurance (Japan)
- Nitrogen Drawdown Index (Australian standard for composts, soil conditioners)
- No Deception Indicated (polygraph)
- Non-Destructive Inspection (such as x-ray of wings for cracks)
Samples in periodicals archive:
An inadequate response of the kidney, however, to ADH results in nephrogenic diabetes insipidus and both constitute distinct clinical entities.
The company owns proprietary technology used in the treatment of diseases, the etiology of which is misrouted or misfolded proteins, for example, cystic fibrosis, nephrogenic diabetes insipidus, hypercholesterolemia and others.
Pathogenesis of nephrogenic diabetes insipidus due to chronic administration of lithium in rats.
Five patients with clinically diagnosed nephrogenic diabetes insipidus (ages, 1.
We seek to explain this delayed onset by a discussion of the molecular and genetic changes underlying the pathogenesis of lithium-induced nephrogenic diabetes insipidus Key Words: diabetes insipidus, lithium, aquaporin, thiazide ********** Diabetes insipidus (DI) is a disorder of inadequate urinary concentration leading to a polyuric state (arbitrarily defined as a urine output exceeding three litres in 24 hours) and is subdivided into either cranial or nephrogenic types.
For example, nephrogenic diabetes insipidus (NDI), the inability to produce concentrated urine, can result from several different malfunctions in the hormonally controlled AQP2 system.
Watson, and his wife, Jaleh, were searching for a better way to administer liquid medicine to their son, Brandon, diagnosed with Nephrogenic Diabetes Insipidus, a rare kidney disorder, shortly after birth.