The derivation of the term as an acronym for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation is well known, as are the stimulating media: carbon dioxide gas (CO2) and neodymium yttrium aluminum garnet (Nd:YAG).
What does Nd:YAG stand for?
Nd:YAG stands for Neodymium Yttrium Aluminum Garnet (laser)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Nueva Decoración (Spanish: New Decoration)
- Nursing Diagnosis (North American Nursing Diagnosis Association)
- Not Primarily Demyelinating Neurological Diseases
- National Doll & Teddy Bear Collector (periodical)
- NADPH (Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide Phosphate) diaphorase-positive neurons
- Niger-Delta Human and Environmental Rescue Organization (Migeria)
- Notre Dame-Siena School of Marbel (Philippines)
- Non-Dispersive Transverse Electromagnetic (antenna feed structure)
- Nova Democracia União Eleitoral (Portuguese: New Democracy Electoral Union; Angola)
- Neodymium-Doped Lithium Niobate (microchip laser)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Nd:YAG systems utilize a neodymium yttrium aluminum garnet crystal as the lasing medium.
The DARPA/Tri-Service Mid-IR II laser is a diode-pumped, solid-state, neodymium yttrium aluminum garnet (Nd: YAG) laser.