At some point, negotiated guilty pleas to wholly unrelated (and typically much less serious) charges would make such a mockery of justice that retributivists would forgo them even if this meant that some guilty defendants would not be punished at all.
What does NGP stand for?
NGP stands for Negotiated Guilty Plea (court)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NGP
We have 111 other meanings of NGP in our Acronym Attic
- New Generation Operations Systems and Software
- Next Generation Operational Support System
- Next Gen Open Video (Google)
- National General Pictures (1967-1973)
- National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency Program (US DoD)
- National Grid Project
- National Group Protection, Inc (Charlottsville, Virginia)
- Native Growth Protection
- Natural Gas Project (various organizations)
- Nearest Grid Point
Samples in periodicals archive:
com/cgi-bin/prnh/20000916/HSSA004 ) Lee was released last week in the collapse of the federal case against him -- a negotiated guilty plea on one count of mishandling classified information.
An internal DOJ memo shows that, from fiscal year 1983 (when the Environmental Crimes Unit began) through fiscal year 1991, the federal government had either negotiated guilty pleas or had won convictions at trial in 78 percent of its environmental cases.