The event was created to renew a dialog among key opinion leaders, experts, and the healthcare personnel whose work environments are fraught with needlestick and sharps injuries despite legislation mandating the use of safety devices for their protection.
What does NSI stand for?
NSI stands for Needlestick and Sharps Injuries
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other meanings of NSIOther Resources:
We have 250 other definitions for NSI in our Acronym Attic
- National Statistical Institutes
- National Strategies, Inc. (Washington, DC)
- National Student Index (New Zealand)
- National System of Innovation (various nations)
- National Systems Integrator (various meanings)
- Natural Science Industries (Farmingdale, NY)
- Naval Science Instructor
- Naval Station Ingleside (Ingleside, TX)
- Naviguer Sur Internet (French: Surfing the Internet)
- Needle Stick Injury
- Negative Self Image (psychology)
- Negative Social Impact (HIV/AIDS)
- Negative Social Imprinting (psychology)
- Negotiation Systems International
- Neighborhood Safety Initiative (various organizations)
- Nest Seekers International (real estate; various locations)
- Net Sales Income (finance)
- Net Satisfaction Index
- Network Service Interface
- Network Side Interface (DOCSIS)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The NSWNA is undertaking a research study with the University of Newcastle exploring needlestick and sharps injuries among nurses.
Though most organizations believe they are doing what is necessary to prevent injuries, needlestick and sharps injuries continue to occur," says Nancy Quick, CSP, CIH, compliance assistance specialist, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).