Need for Speed: High Stakes (Electronic Arts) - EA keeps raising the stakes on this enjoyable racing series, which was only updated about nine months ago with Need for Speed III.
What does NFS: HS stand for?
NFS: HS stands for Need for Speed: High Stakes (gaming)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Notice of Foreclosure Sale (real estate)
- Notifier Fire Systems
- Nuclear Facility Safety
- Nuclear Fuel Services, Inc. (Erwin, TN)
- Nuclear Fuel System
- Nuclear Fuels Service
- Number Field Sieve
- Nurse Faculty Scholars (Robert Wood Johnson Foundation)
- Nutrition and Food Security (World Health Organization)
- Nutrition and Food Systems (college course)
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 (video game)
- Need for Speed 3 (game)
- National Federation of Sea Anglers (UK)
- National Film and Sound Archive (Australia)
- National Fire Sprinkler Association
- National Flying Squirrel Association
- National Forensic Sciences Agency (Pakistan)
- National Fraud Strategic Authority (UK)
- National Student Federation of America
- NAVAIR (Naval Air Systems Command) Fleet Server Array (US Navy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Currently under development by EA Seattle, the team behind the popular Need For Speed(TM): Hot Pursuit and Need for Speed: High Stakes games for the PC, Motor City Online is powered by a brand new car physics engine, a new online community support structure, an enhanced version of the Need For Speed: High Stakes graphics engine and a robust game economy and game-play system.
Predator, Descent 3 Adventure Game of the Year -- Nocturne, from Terminal Reality Runners up -- Outcast, Gabriel Knight 3, Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine Strategy Game of the Year -- Homeworld, by Sierra Studios Runners up -- Age of Empires II: Age of Kings, Alpha Centauri, Roller Coaster Tycoon Sports Game of the Year -- NBA Live 2000 by EA Sports Runners up: Madden NFL 2000, NHL 2000, High Heat 2000 RPG Game of the Year -- System Shock 2, by Looking Glass Studios Runners up -- Planescape: Torment, EverQuest, Asheron's Call Racing Game of the Year -- Midtown Madness, by Angel Studios Runners up -- NASCAR Racing 3, Re-Volt, Need for Speed: High Stakes Sim Game of the Year -- Freespace 2, by Volition Inc.
Need For Speed: High Stakes for the PC ups the ante by introducing a series of new and improved gameplay characteristics specifically designed for the PC version of the game, as well as folding in key features from its PlayStation counterpart.
Need For Speed: High Stakes introduces players to a completely new way of video game racing.