SURF will access sea and swell inputs from the simulated waves nearshore (SWAN) wave model, surface wind data from the Navy Operational Global Atmospheric Prediction System (NOGAPS) database and depth profiles from a Web-based Hydrographic Reconnaissance Charts (HRC) library.
What does NOGAPS stand for?
NOGAPS stands for Navy Operational Global Atmospheric Prediction System (US Navy global weather model)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of NOGAPS in our Acronym Attic
- Nuclear Operations Group
- Nuclear Overhead Gantry
- Number One Gun (band)
- National Oil and Gas Assessment
- Northern Ohio Golf Association
- Northwest Ohio Gerontological Association
- Notice of Grant Award
- Non-Governmental Association for Literacy Support Services
- National Organic Agriculture Movement of Uganda
- Northern Oil and Gas Action Plan
- Northern Offshore Gas Transport (Netherlands)
- Nitric Oxide-Sensitive Guanylyl Cyclase
- North Oxford Golf Club (Oxford, England, UK)
- Northern Ontario Geomatics Centre
- Northern Ontario Gliding Centre
- Nebraska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (Sidney)
- Northern Ohio Golf Course Superintendents Association
- Northern Oil and Gas Directorate (Canada)
- Genonly (assembly language ASM51 assembler control)
- Novolac Glycidyl Ether (chemistry)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A global model, which provides up-to-the-minute reports of weather conditions anywhere on the face of the earth, is called the Navy Operational Global Atmospheric Prediction System (NOGAPS).