Leaving aside for the moment the question of what constitutes a combat-credible force, it is fair to ask what evidence there is that naval forward presence helps to shape the international environment.
What does NFP stand for?
NFP stands for Naval Forward Presence (strategy, force development)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NFP
We have 103 other meanings of NFP in our Acronym Attic
- NAVAIR Fiber Optics Working Group
- Narodowego Funduszu Ochrony Zdrowia (Polish: National Health Fund; Poland)
- Nadeem Farooq Paracha (Pakistani journalist)
- National Federation Party (Fiji)
- National Financial Partners Corp.
- National Fire Plan (US Department of the Interior)
- National Focal Point
- National Foreclosure Professionals
- Natural Family Planning (contraception)
- Natural Family Planning Association of New Zealand
- Near-Field Probe
- Nearest with Forward Progress
- Need for Precision (psychology)
- Neighborhood Fishing Program (Texas Parks & Wildlife Department Inland Fisheries Division)
- Net Factor Payment (economics)
- Net Filtration Pressure (fluid shift across capillaries)
- Net Financial Position
- Network Foundation Protection (Cisco Systems Defence Technology)
- Networking for Professionals (various locations)
- Neue Film Produktion (German: New Film Production)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For instance, the UNITAS exercise series, the principal naval forward presence activity in South America (annual exercises and port visits over a four-month period), involves fewer than half as many U.
Also, the joint combatant commanders clearly want more rather than less naval forward presence.