In the summer of 1956, officers from twenty-three nations gathered in Newport for the inaugural class of the College's first full-time international program, the Naval Command College (NCC).
What does NCC stand for?
NCC stands for Naval Command College
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NCC
We have 710 other meanings of NCC in our Acronym Attic
- National Counternarcotics Center
- National Counterterrorism Center (US government)
- National Croquet Center
- National Cycling Centre (UK)
- NATO Codification Control
- Natural Call Control
- Nature Care College (Australia)
- Nature Coast Coalition
- Nature Conservancy Council
- Nature Conservancy of Canada
- Naval Component Commander (US DoD)
- Naval Construction Contract (Star Trek)
- Navigation Control Console
- Navigational Contact Code (Star Trek)
- Navy Command Center
- Navy Component Command (US DoD)
- Navy Cost Center
- Neasden Control Centre (UK)
- Nederlandse Caravan Club (Dutch: Dutch Caravan Club)
- Nederlandse Centrale Catalogus
Samples in periodicals archive:
Burke sought to enhance trust, confidence, understanding, and cooperation among friends and allies by creating the Naval Command College (NCC) for senior officers.
It was this idea that led him to create the international course, known as the Naval Command College, back in 1956, with Colbert as its first director.
In this chapter he notes his attendance as a student at the Naval War College's newly founded Naval Command Course (as the Naval Command College, today the senior of the school's two international programs, was then known), and in 1959, his participation in a study that emphasized U.