But you can really trace the SEAL heritage back to the scouts and raiders and naval combat demolition units which were active only during World War II.
What does NCDU stand for?
NCDU stands for Naval Combat Demolition Unit
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NCDU
We have 3 other meanings of NCDU in our Acronym Attic
- National Center on Domestic and Sexual Violence
- National Council for Divorced, Separated and Widowed (UK)
- National Coffee Drinking Trends
- National Council for Drama Training
- Naval Cadet (Canadian)
- Non Chargeable Down Time
- North Carolina Dance Theatre (est. 1970)
- Naval Combat Demolition Training and Experimental Base (US Navy)
- National Council of Drill Team Camps
- National Council for the Development of Urdu
- NCurses Disk Usage
- North Carolina Ducks Unlimited (conservation group)
- North Coast Data Utilities (Norton Shores, Michigan)
- North County Darters Unlimited (Palm Beach County, Florida)
- Nursing Clinical Development Unit
- National Centre for Domestic Violence (UK)
- Nebraska Calf Diarrhea Virus
- New Castle Disease Virus (paramyxovirus)
- North Carolina Division of Veterans Affairs
- National Capital District Veterinary Command (US Army)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Combined into gap assault teams to clear beach and underwater obstacles in the landings at Normandy in June 1944, Army combat engineers and naval combat demolition units (NCDUs) experienced D-Day like everyone else--terrified beyond measure.
The Navy responded to the need by transforming the character of Naval Combat Demolition Units into Underwater Demolition Teams (UDT).