The navy said in a news release that the jet was assigned to Strike Fighter Squadron 106 based at Naval Air Station Oceana.
What does NASO stand for?
NASO stands for Naval Air Station Oceana (Virginia Beach, VA)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NASO
We have 14 other meanings of NASO in our Acronym Attic
- North American Street Newspaper Association (Washington, DC)
- National Association of School Nurses for the Deaf
- National Airspace System Network
- Naval Aviation Simulator Network Training
- Naval Air Station, North Island (US Navy)
- National Academy of Sciences - National Research Council
- National Adherence Support Organisation (UK)
- National Adult School Organisation
- National Association of Slain Officers
- National Association of Sports Officials
- Naval Aviation Supply Officer
- New Amsterdam Symphony Orchestra (New York, NY)
- Non-Acoustic Sensor Operator
- North American Space Operations
- North American Singer Owners Club
- North American School of Decorative Art (Villa Park, IL)
- National Association of Specialist Obstetricians & Gynaecologists (Australia)
- North American Special Operations Group
- North American Society for Oceanic History
- National Association of State Occupational Information Coordinating Committees
Samples in periodicals archive:
A Navy official said the jet suffered "catastrophic engine failure" shortly after take-off from Naval Air Station Oceana, causing the F/A-18 Hornet to drop out of the sky," as one witness described it.
Naval Air Station Oceana, where the F18 involved in the accident was assigned, is located in Virginia Beach.
Mulleavy flew with Naval Air Station Oceana Commanding Officer, Capt.
17-19 at Naval Air Station Oceana in Virginia Beach, Va.
Eustis in Newport News, the Coast Guard in Portsmouth, Little Creek Amphibious Base, and the Navy maintains a strong presence with the Naval Station Norfolk, Norfolk, and the Naval Air Station Oceana, Virginia Beach.
The 2007 Naval Air Station Oceana Air Show featured both civilian and military aircraft.
The first week of 2007 saw Boeing deliver the 11th F/A-18E/F Super Hornet Block 2 to the US Naval Air Station Oceana in Virginia.