When it comes to aging in place, the advice indicates about 27% of retirees live in a NORC, a naturally occurring retirement community.
What does NORC stand for?
NORC stands for Naturally Occurring Retirement Community
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NORC
We have 19 other meanings of NORC in our Acronym Attic
- Norges Råd for Anvendt Samfunnsforskning (Norwegian: Norwegian Council for Applied Social Research)
- Navy Operational Radio & Telephone Switchboard/System (US Navy)
- National Off Road Bicycle
- Norsk Organisasjon for Rullebrett (Norwegian: Norwegian Organization for Skateboarding)
- National Off Road Bicycle Association
- North American Biotechnology Advisory Commission (Regenesis TV show)
- New Orleans Regional Business Park (Louisiana)
- Northern Base Section (US Navy; Corsica, France)
- National Opinion Research Center
- National Organization for Research at the University of Chicago
- Naval Ordnance Research Calculator
- Nippon Ocean Racing Club (now Japan Sailing Federation)
- No One Really Cares
- North Oakland Republican Club (Waterford, MI)
- North Oxfordshire Riding Club (UK)
- Nuclear Ordnance Record Card
- Nutrition Obesity Research Center (various schools)
- Northern California
- Northern California International Solidarity Movement
- Northern California Section, Western Sea Frontier (US Navy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The chronic aging process of seniors has caused many older, conventional apartment buildings and condominiums to gradually transition into what is called a "NORC," a naturally occurring retirement community.
Many have established a broad range of services, from postacute and nursing home care through various forms of assisted living and enriched housing that include the naturally occurring retirement community concept.