Natural hazard management aims at minimizing these impacts by the tasks of prevention, event management, and rebuilding (Bezzola and Hegg, 2008).
What does NHM stand for?
NHM stands for Natural Hazard Management
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of NHM
We have 40 other meanings of NHM in our Acronym Attic
- National Health Laboratory Service (South African)
- New Hampshire Land Surveyors Association (Raymond, NH)
- North Hertfordshire Local Strategic Partnership (UK)
- Natural Heritage Land Trust (Wisconsin)
- New Hampshire Library of Traditional Jazz
- Neutralized High-Level Waste
- Nationaal Historisch Museum (Dutch: National History Museum)
- National Health Management
- National Heritage Museum (formerly Museum of Our National Heritage)
- National Horticulture Mission (India)
- Natural Health Methods
- Natural History Museum
- Naturhistorisches Museum (Natural History Museum, Vienna, Austria)
- Networks and Heterogeneous Media (journal)
- Neurally Mediated Hypotension
- New Horizon Media (Chennai, India publisher)
- No Heroic Measures (medical order)
- Nomenclature Harmonisée Marchandises (French: Harmonized Commodity Code; logistics industry)
- National Handicap Motorcycle Association
- National Hispanic Medical Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
In this article, based on a recent World Bank Policy Research Paper (see further reading) we describe the cope-mitigate-transfer framework as a method to inform natural hazard management options for various types and sizes of cities, and emphasize the importance of good urban management and public disclosure of information in hazard risk reduction.
Determining the Location The first component and cornerstone of a flood risk solution, or any natural hazard management solution, is spatial analytics.