He began his current career as the vice-president of the Native Council of Nova Scotia from 1977 until 1982, and later served as chief and president from 1989 to 1997, during the struggle to have aboriginal peoples included in the 1982 Constitution Act with guaranteed collective aboriginal rights.
What does NCNS stand for?
NCNS stands for Native Council of Nova Scotia (est. 1974; Liverpool, Nova Scotia, Canada)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NCNS
We have 5 other meanings of NCNS in our Acronym Attic
- National Center for Natural Products Research (University of Mississippi)
- North Carolina Native Plant Society (University of North Carolina)
- National Center for Nursing Quality
- National Center for Neutron Research
- National Center for Nursing Research (NIH)
- National Committee for the New River, Inc.
- Nearest Common Node Rerouting (ATM)
- NIST Center for Neutron Research
- Non-Cancelable, Non-Returnable
- Nonconsenting Nonresident
- Neuroscience Clinical Nurse Specialist
- No Call/No Show
- No Complications, No Sequelae (used to show no current effects of a previous condition)
- Norwood Cooperative Nursery School (Norwood, MA)
- Nuestra Comunidad, Nuestra Salud (Spanish: Our Community, Our Health; Arizona)
- National Centre for Nano-Structured Materials (South Africa)
- North Carolina New Schools Project
- National Center for NanoScience and Technology (China)
- National Commission on Nano-Science and Technology (Pakistan)
- North Country National Scenic Trail
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Native Council of Nova Scotia is celebrating its 25th anniversary, and since 1974 has accomplished much, however, many of the issues that needed to be addressed then remain outstanding.
He has conducted clinical research into Aboriginal diabetes and has worked two summers for the Native Council of Nova Scotia in their rural and Native housing program.