Schwarzenegger in January 2008 to the Native American Heritage Commission, for which he currently serves as chairman.
What does NAHC stand for?
NAHC stands for Native American Heritage Commission
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NAHC
We have 40 other meanings of NAHC in our Acronym Attic
- Nursing and Health Behaviour Research (Canada)
- Nashua Area Home Builders and Remodelers Association (Nashua, NH)
- National Association of Home Builders Remodelors Council
- National Association of Home Builders Research Center
- National Association of Home Builders of the United States
- National Advisory Health Council
- National AIDS Housing Coalition
- National Archive for the History of Computing (UK)
- National Association for Home Care and Hospice
- National Association of Housing Cooperatives
- Next Ascent Hill-Climbing (clustering algorithm)
- North American Hunting Club
- National Association of Health Care Assistants (est. 2006)
- North American Hobie Class Association (catamaran sailing)
- Nashville Area Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (Nashville, TN)
- National Allied Health Casemix Committee (Australia; now National Allied Health Classification Committee)
- National Allied Health Classification Committee (Australia)
- National Association of Health Care Consultants
- National Association of Hospitals, Community and Friends (now Attend; volunteer health group; UK)
- Nebraska Association of Home and Community Health Agencies (Lincoln, NE)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In addition to the Wishtoyo Foundation's criticism of the EIR, the California Native American Heritage Commission also submitted a letter to the Planning Commission arguing the Tataviam had been overlooked.
SAN DIEGO -- The Viejas Band of Kumeyaay Indians today commended San Diego County Superior Court Judge Judith Hayes for granting a request by the Native American Heritage Commission for an injunction, stopping the Padre Dam Municipal Water District from further desecrating a designated sanctified Native American burial ground and ceremonial site.
Mati Waiya, executive director of the Wishtoyo Foundation, and a representative of the Native American Heritage Commission, also raised concerns about the potential for finding Chumash artifacts.
SB 18 (Burton) - Would have created a procedure in the California Environmental Quality Act for the Native American Heritage Commission (NAHC), in consultation with Native American tribes and other interested parties, to determine whether a proposed project may adversely change a traditional tribal cultural site and to recommend project changes and mitigation measures to avoid or reduce those changes.
Davis says he'll sign SB 18, giving the obscure Native American Heritage Commission the power to stop development on anyone's land in California if tribes feel construction interferes with a sacred site anywhere in the region.
SB 18 would leave that up to the Native American Heritage Commission.
A California Native American Heritage Commission official welcomed the county study.