On the drive to the George Town Police Station, he said the responding officer told him that "the law is stupid and a waste of time, but that he has to enforce it"; Chandler, an active gay and lesbian rights advocate, is the Board President of the National Youth Advocacy Coalition in Washington DC and former Commissioner of the City of Seattle Commission for Sexual Minorities.
What does NYAC stand for?
NYAC stands for National Youth Advocacy Coalition
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NYAC
We have 22 other meanings of NYAC in our Acronym Attic
- National Youth Advisory Board (Souper Bowl of Caring)
- National Youth Association of Bhutan
- Neighborhood Youth Advisory Board (Hampton, VA)
- New York Air Brake (manufacturer of railroad locomotive air brake systems)
- New York Association for Business Economics
- New York African Burial Ground (New York City)
- New York African Burial Ground Project
- New York Association of Black Journalists (Harlem, NY)
- New York Area Bisexual Network
- National Yogurt Association Criteria
- New York Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church
- New York Archeological Council
- New York Athletic Club
- North York Aquatic Club
- New York Amateur Computer Club Inc.
- New York Association for Continuing/Community Education (Plattsburgh, NY)
- New York Association of Conservation Districts
- New York African Chorus Ensemble
- New York Association of Consulting Engineers
- Neil Young and Crazy Horse (band)
Samples in periodicals archive:
We want to make sure that doesn't happen again," Bowman said shortly after his group, the National Youth Advocacy Coalition, partnered with several other gay organizations to launch the Hurricane Katrina LGBT Relief Fund in early September.
Resources for the Camp Professional on GLBQ Youth National Youth Advocacy Coalition (NYAC) nyac@nyacyouth.
WASHINGTON -- The National Youth Advocacy Coalition today praises Secretary of State Colin L.
Without question, LGBT programs have from the beginning worked hard to define appropriate relationships and to avoid even the possibility of abuse, because they received a tremendous amount of scrutiny," says Craig Bowman, executive director of the National Youth Advocacy Coalition in Washington, D.
9 /PRNewswire/ -- The following was issued today by the National Youth Advocacy Coalition (NYAC): The National Youth Advocacy Coalition (NYAC) condemns the remarks made Sunday by the Reverend Lou Sheldon advocating discrimination against lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) victims of the September 11th terrorist attacks, and calling for the denial of disaster relief to their families.
Every one of our members across the country is experiencing a drop in the age at which young people really start to come out and talk about sexuality and gender identity in a public way," says Craig Bowman, executive director of National Youth Advocacy Coalition, an umbrella organization for gay and lesbian youth groups.
It's his type of mentality--strength, staunchness--that we must have if we are going to prevail against HIV [and] the hateful prejudice that still exists against gay and lesbian people in the world," --Sarah Wildman CRAIG BOWMAN EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, NATIONAL YOUTH ADVOCACY COALITION Many individuals have motivated Craig Bowman, executive director of the National Youth Advocacy Coalition, but he says he is most inspired by the courageous youth activists he comes across each day.