She is also a member of the National Writers Union.
What does NWU stand for?
NWU stands for National Writers Union
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NWU
We have 11 other meanings of NWU in our Acronym Attic
- Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center
- National Wilms Tumor Study Group (also seen as NWTS; cancer research)
- National Wilms' Tumour Study Group (various locations)
- National Wilms Tumor Study Group Pathology Center
- Northwest Territories Teachers' Association (Canada)
- National Waiting Times Unit (Scotland)
- New Westminster Teachers Union (New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada)
- Newest Way to Wealth
- Nagasaki Wesleyan University (Nagasaki, Japan)
- Nara Women's University (Nara, Japan)
- Navy Working Uniform (US DoD)
- Nebraska Wesleyan University
- New Worse than Used
- Nintendo Wii U (gaming)
- Nitrogen Wash Unit
- Nordic Walking Union (Germany)
- North-West-Up (Cartesian coordinate system)
- Northwestern University
- North West Universities Association (UK)
- Numbers Without Units Are Meaningless (science and engineering)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The American Society of Journalists and Authors (ASJA), the National Writers Union (NWU), and Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America (SFWA) all opposed two attempts to settle the suit -- as did the Department of Justice, myriad individual authors, organizations, attorneys general of many states, and even foreign governments.
Our National Writers Union Chapter issued a formal statement to the press, Mayor 1%'s office, and all of Chicago's 50 aldermen, arguing that the need to protect rights of Free Speech and Assembly for the anti-NATO protesters was paramount, far more important than stroking Mayor 1%'s ego.
He is a member of the Association of Writers & Writing Programs and the National Writers Union.
Late last month, the American Society of Journalists and Authors, the Authors Guild, and the National Writers Union announced the filing of a motion for court approval of an $18 million settlement in a class action suit they and 21 freelance writers filed on behalf of thousands of freelance writers whose work appeared in online databases without their consent, according to ASJA's Contracts Watch (Issue 86).
The key thing is, this settlement provides money right away into our writers' pockets," said Gerard Colby, president of the National Writers Union.
Name: Hart Williams Age: 48 Family: Married, two children age 17, 21 Occupational background: Author, journalist, critic, licensed tax preparer Public service experience: President, Eugene Astronomical Society; treasurer, Friends of Pine Mountain (Observatory, University of Oregon); state publicity chair, Democratic Party of Oregon; Executive Committee Democratic Party of Oregon; fund-raising chair, Democratic Party of Lane County; City Club of Eugene; founding member, National Writers Union, Oregon Local, AFL-CIO; Lane County Labor Council.
org The National Writers Union (NWU) is the only labor union that represents freelance writers in all formats, genres and media.