Employees recognize National Volunteer Week by mentoring students, empowering veterans and supporting their communities WALTHAM, Mass.
What does NVW stand for?
NVW stands for National Volunteer Week
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NVW
We have 4 other meanings of NVW in our Acronym Attic
- Nederlandse Vereniging van Slechthorenden (Dutch: Dutch Association of the Hearing Impaired; Netherlands)
- Nederlandse Vereniging van Speltherapeuten (Dutch: Dutch Association of Play Therapists; Netherlands)
- Nederlandse Vereniging van Sportvissersfederaties (Dutch: Dutch Association of Sport Federations)
- Nederlandse Vereniging voor Seksuologie (Dutch: Dutch Sexology Association; Netherlands)
- Nederlandse Vereniging voor Speyertherapie (Dutch: Dutch Association for Speyer Therapy; Speyer Simon)
- Nederlandse Vereniging voor Stereofotografie (Dutch: Dutch Association for Stereo Photography)
- Nederlandse Vereniging Van Toerzeilers (Dutch: Dutch Association of Tour Sailboat Owners)
- Nederlandse Vereniging Voor Vlaggenkunde (Dutch: Dutch Association for Science Flags)
- Nederlandse Vereniging van Wiskundeleraren (Dutch: Dutch Association of Mathematics Teachers)
- National Vegetarian Week (est. 1992; Vegetarian Society)
- New Ventures West (life-coaching training; San Francisco, CA)
- Napa Valley Wine Auction (California)
- Ntankah Village Women Common Initiative Group (Cameroon)
- Napa Valley Winery Exchange (California)
- Northern Virginia Wrestling Federation
- National Veterans Wheelchair Games
- Network Vulnerability Working Group
- Nevada Wing
- Northern Virginia Workforce Investment Board
- National Vietnam War Museum, Inc. (Florida)
Samples in periodicals archive:
June 1-7 marks national volunteer week, and without the volunteers at Coventry CAB, we would really be unable to run a service.
Projects will be reviewed and awards made during National Volunteer Week in April 2011.
In time with National Volunteer week, which starts on Wednesday, Alnwick Garden is celebrating their contribution since its inception in 2001.
Byline: The event runs from Monday June 2 to Friday June 6 Picture, NEIL PUGH Worcestershire County Museum at Hartlebury Castle is holding a week of activities, as part of a National Volunteer week, which is designed to encourage people to volunteer and help others to learn new skills.
These annual events include not only the traditional religious or patriotic holidays, each with its own special meaning and opportunity for publicity; but also those events with direct links to long-term care, such as National Nursing Home Week, Residents' Rights Week, National Volunteer Week, Grandparents' Day, and National Activity Professionals' Week.
National Volunteer Week began in 1974 when President Richard Nixon signed an executive order establishing an annual celebration of volunteering.
The theme of National Volunteer Week 2011 is "Celebrating People in Action," and it will be observed from April 10[sup.