They make recommendations to FEMA and discuss the National Response Framework, the role of National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disasters in information sharing, and improvements FEMA has made to services.
What does NVOAD stand for?
NVOAD stands for National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of NVOAD in our Acronym Attic
- National Voluntary Organizations
- Networked Virtual Organisation
- Nevada Operations Office
- Non-Variable Overhead
- Non-Vessel Operator
- Non-Vessel-Operating Common Carrier
- Non-Visual Object (programming code)
- The Neurovoltaic Orchestra (San Francisco, CA)
- National Veterans Organization of America (also seen as NVO)
- Netwerk Vrouwelijke Organisatie Adviseurs (Dutch: Network of Women Organisation Consultants; est. 1978; Haarlem, Netherlands)
- Northeast Veteran-Owned Business Network
- Nature's Voice Our Choice (Mauritania)
- Non Vessel Operator Commissioner
- Non-Vessel Operating Carrier (shipping industry)
- Non-Volatile Organic Carbon
- North Valley Occupational Center (Mission Hills, California)
- Non Vessel Operating Common Carriers (shipping industry)
- Non-Vessel Operating Container Carrier
- Near Video On Demand
Samples in periodicals archive:
Such steps might include (1) soliciting the input of voluntary organizations, such as through National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disasters (NVOAD); (2) integrating voluntary organization data on capabilities into FEMA's analyses; and (3) encouraging state governments to include voluntary mass care organization data in studies.
Instead, it upholds the privilege of its members to independently provide relief and recovery services while supporting their efforts to do so by providing a forum where national voluntary organizations active in disaster can: Cooperate, Coordinate, Communicate, and Collaborate.
The HSUS has been planning for Hurricane Katrina since last week, coordinating with other organizations through state agencies, the Federal Emergency Management Agency, the American Red Cross, and the National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster.
Brown, Under Secretary of Homeland Security for Emergency Preparedness and Response and head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) was the keynote speaker at the 13th Annual National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (National VOAD) Conference in Denver, Colorado, on Friday, June 24.