Now the National Union of Teachers (NUT), whose annual conference comes to an end at Liverpool's BT Convention Centre today, has heard that the Department for Education has been ordered to release data under the Freedom of Information Act showing the impact free schools are having on others.
What does NUT stand for?
NUT stands for National Union of Teachers (UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NUT
We have 19 other meanings of NUT in our Acronym Attic
- National Underground-Storage-Tank Integrated Demonstration
- Nuclear Strike Effects
- National University of Science, Technology and Research (Abu Dhabi)
- (Integral Boiling) Nuclear Superheating Reactor
- Nipissing University Student Union (Canada)
- Nuclear Detonation Summary
- Suspension Nuclear Cablegrams (From the States to Geneva Conference)
- Nuclear Superheat Critical Experiment
- National Union of Saharawi Women
- Nachbarschafts Und Selbsthilfe Zentrum (German: Neighborhood- and Self-Help Center; Berlin-Tempelhof, Germany)
- Natur und Technik (German: Nature and Technology)
- Naturwissenschaft und Technik (German: Science and Technology)
- Nebulous Unit of Time (replacement for 'Story Point' in XP)
- Network University of Twente (The Netherlands)
- Network UPS Tools
- New or Unusual Technology
- Niue Time (time zone)
- No Uniform Today (schools)
- Node Under Test
- Non-pre-emptive, Unprotected Traffic (Sprint)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The National Union of Teachers annual conference will hear claims sexism is being "rebranded" as something fashionable and mainstream.
The National Union of Teachers (NUT) and National Association of Schoolmasters Union of Women Teachers (Nasuwt) said they were determined to fight Westminster's "relentless attacks" on jobs, pay and conditions.
The boycott, which was voted for by two teachers' unions last month, has gained support in 30 percent of schools in some areas and more than 70 percent in others, according to the National Union of Teachers (NUT).
The National Union of Teachers is threatening action if Sats are not scrapped but the NASUWT says abolition would be ''reckless''.
The outline plans were condemned by John Bangs of the National Union of Teachers, who told the paper: "It seems to be about trends on the one hand, then political pressure on the other hand.
Judy Moorhouse, a former president of the National Union of Teachers and on its executive committee, was a "known opponent" of the BNP, Walker's representative at the hearing, Patrick Harrington, said.
The National Union of Teachers, University and College union, Unison and Public and Commercial Services Union will be there.