The anthology's title is taken from Robert Kennedy's notable speech to the National Union of South African Students in Cape Town on June 7,1966: "Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance.
What does NUSAS stand for?
NUSAS stands for National Union of South African Students (est. 1924)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NUSAS
- National Union of Students of Australia
- Newcastle University Students Association (Australia)
- Ninth US Army
- Northeastern University Student Ambassadors
- National United States - Arab Chamber of Commerce
- Northern Uganda Social Action Fund
- Numeral Unit Spread Assessment Pedigree (notational system)
- National Urban Search And Rescue Dog Group (UK)
- Nuclear Reactor Updated Safety Analysis Report
- Nasionale Unie van Suid-Afrikaanse Studente (National Union of South African Students)
- N utilization substance protein B
- National Unified Services Command, Inc. (Washington, DC)
- Naval Underwater Systems Center
- Naval Underwater Systems Command
- Net Universal Service Cost (basic telephony cost)
- Newcastle United Supporters Club (UK)
- Newport Uskmouth Sailing Club (Gwent, South Wales)
- New Airborne Scatterometer
- Naval Underwater Systems Center Detachment
- National University in San Diego (California)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Marshall's group, the National Union of South African Students (N-SAS) invited Kennedy to give the annual Day of Affirmation speech at the University of Cape Town in June 1966.