The committee was asked to address the risks in ensuring a safe and reliable nuclear weapons stockpile absent underground nuclear-explosion testing, particularly including the experience of the US stockpile stewardship program; the status of nuclear-explosion detection, taking into account the operating experience of the international monitoring system and improvements in US national technical means in the past decade; the commitments required to sustain the US stockpile and effective nuclear explosion monitoring; and the potential technical advances to nuclear-weapon capabilities that might be gained by other countries from testing that might escape detection compared to those advances available with a return to full-yield testing in a non-test-ban environment.
What does NTM stand for?
NTM stands for National Technical Means (formerly National Assets)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NTM
We have 71 other meanings of NTM in our Acronym Attic
- Northern Territory Law Reports
- Northern Territory Law Reform Committee (Australia)
- National Technology Leadership Summit
- National Trail Local School District (Ohio)
- National Truck Leasing System
- Novell Transport Layer Security (software)
- Non-Tumoral Liver Tissue
- No Time Like The Present
- North Texas Linux Users Group
- National Taiwan Museum (est. 1908)
- National Town Meeting (various organizations)
- National Translation Mission (India)
- National Transport Model (Department of Transport; UK)
- NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) Training Mission (various locations)
- Naval Technical Means
- Neighborhood Traffic Management (various locations)
- Net Ton Mile
- Network Time Machine
- Network Traffic Management
- Network Transaction Management (Sprint)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The story of the SS-16 mobile ICBM as recounted in this book should serve as a source of some concern since intelligence assertions made in the early 1970s appear to be true--specifically, that the system was deployed undercover and kept from American national technical means to ensure that US intelligence agencies never learned of its existence.
``We are using our national technical means to observe events in Kosovo and are prepared to share that information,'' he added, referring to satellite and aircraft surveillance photo records that could eventually be consulted in investigating specific allegations of atrocities.