The 362,000-member National Taxpayers Union (NTU) organized the letter, which stressed that allowing tax rates to rise for anyone in a fiscal cliff deal "would have a significant, negative impact on the economy.
What does NTU stand for?
NTU stands for National Taxpayers Union
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NTU
We have 44 other meanings of NTU in our Acronym Attic
- Naval Tactical Team Trainer (simulator; various locations)
- neural tissue tension test
- Niet Toxische Tumor Therapie (Dutch: Non-Toxic Tumor Therapy)
- No Time To Talk
- Naval Technical Training Unit
- Nippon Telegraph and Telephone West Corporation (Japan)
- NTT Worldwide Telecommunications (Japan)
- Nice Talking To You
- Nanyang Technological University (Singapore)
- National Taiwan University
- National Technological University (Ft Collins, CO, USA)
- Natsionalna Telekompania Ukrainy (National Television Company of Ukraine)
- Naval Training Unit (US Navy)
- Nephelometric Turbidity Unit
- Network Terminal Unit
- Network Termination Unit
- Neuromimetic Telepresence Unit (comics)
- New Threat Upgrade
- Northern Territory University (AU)
- Not Taken Up (business; offer not accepted)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In response, the Massachusetts Public Interest Research Group's (MASSPIRG's) national office recently partnered with the National Taxpayers Union (NTU) to identify savings of just over $1 trillion.
The National Taxpayers Union Foundation had first published it in a presidential travel report this week.
But Pete Sepp, spokesman for the National Taxpayers Union, a group that is critical of pork barrel spending, notes that when Clinton was President, the federal government had a surplus.
1 percent of the nation's GDP; by 2057, according to the National Taxpayers Union, it will consume 14.
Studies from the Competitive Enterprise Institute, the National Taxpayers Union, and my own organization, the John Locke Foundation, have confirmed a version of this effect for long-serving members of Congress and state legislatures.
Track down what the IRS owes you by using the Tax Refund Finder, offered by the National Taxpayers Union, at http://ntu.
As international negotiators headed to Bonn, Germany, in an attempt to salvage talks that had fallen apart in the face of European intransigence in December, Consumer Alert worked with the National Taxpayers Union to make sure consumers and taxpayers' voices were heard on the issue.