Examples of non-traditional National Guard missions accomplished while on Title 32 status include the airport security mission in the aftermath of the 11 September 2001, natural and manmade disasters (such as Hurricane Katrina), Operation Jump Start on the Southwest Border, and National Special Security Events (such as the 2008 Democratic and Republican National Conventions and the 2009 Presidential Inauguration).
What does NSSE stand for?
NSSE stands for National Special Security Event (US)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NSSE
We have 15 other meanings of NSSE in our Acronym Attic
- National Standard for Spatial Data Accuracy
- National Space Science Data Center
- National Submarine Science Discovery Center (Newport, KY)
- North Shore Soccer Development Centre (Canada; est. 1999)
- National Symposium on Sensor and Data Fusion (Department of Defense Internet Router Protocol in Space)
- National Society Sons and Daughters of the Pilgrims
- Norwegian Social Science Data Services
- Normal Session Service Data Unit
- National Security Special Event (US TSA)
- National Society for the Study of Education (est. 1901)
- National Study of School Evaluation
- National Survey of Student Engagement (Indiana University)
- Natural Sciences and Science Education
- National School Supply & Equipment Association
- Newsletter of the Society for the Study of Egyptian Antiquities
- Nippon Steel Southeast Asia Pte. Ltd. (Singapore)
- Non-Social Security Equivalent Benefit
- National Strategy for Socio-Economic Development
- North Shore Special Education District (Highland Park, IL)
- Northern Suburban Special Education District
Samples in periodicals archive:
He also oversaw the mobilization of the National Guard for such domestic emergencies as 9-11, National Special Security Events, Hurricane Katrina, the California wildfires, as well as the two-year deployment of the National Guard to provide military support to the US Border Patrol along our nation's southwest border.
The Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security designated the 2009 Presidential Inauguration as a national special security event (NSSE).
PDD 62 further defines and establishes a special event category of national special security events (NSSE), which require enhanced federal planning and protection.
She has also worked in the area of threat and vulnerability assessment for National Special Security Events, including the NATO 50th Anniversary Summit in 1999, the 2001 Presidential Inauguration, the Salt Lake City Olympics, and Superbowl XXXVI, the latter two events taking place in 2002.
DHS has been working closely with state and local officials in New York and Boston to ensure the security of these events and has designated them National Special Security Events.
When situation requires cooperation of multiple local, state and federal agencies, such as during the political conventions due to their designation as National Special Security Events, video can be sent in multicast mode to multiple destinations for simultaneous viewing and recording - to police headquarters, field command centers and joint operations centers.
The local and state authorities where the event will be held are relieved that the National Security Council (NSC) has designated the event a National Special Security Event (NSSE).