com The National Space Society (NSS) is an independent, grassroots, non-profit organization dedicated to the creation of a space-faring civilization.
What does NSS stand for?
NSS stands for National Space Society
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NSS
We have 332 other meanings of NSS in our Acronym Attic
- National Seed Service (Nigeria)
- National Self Storage Inc. (Tucson, AZ)
- National Senior Showcase (lacrosse)
- National Sentinel Surveillance (UK)
- National Service Scheme (India)
- National Service Standards
- National Settlement Services (various locations)
- National Severe Storms Forecast Center (National Weather Service)
- National Shelter System (US FEMA and American Red Cross)
- National Social Service
- National Spatial Strategy (Ireland)
- National Specialty Services, Inc. (a Cardinal Health company)
- National Speleological Society
- National Standards Sampling (education)
- National Standards System (Canada)
- National Stationery Show (trade show)
- National Statistical Service
- National Statistical System (Uganda Bureau of Statistics)
- National Stockpile Site
- National Student Survey
Samples in periodicals archive:
``As a chief test pilot for NASA, he was one of the most recognizable pilots outside of the Mercury astronauts,'' said Larry Evans, president of the Orange County chapter of the National Space Society.
The National Space Society works to promote changes needed to advance the day when humans will live and work in space.
As unusual as that particular policy was, a lot of insurance needed to support the fledging space industry is closer to policies that already exist, said Amy Bouska, a managing principal for the Tillinghast business of Towers Perrin and a card-carrying member of the National Space Society.
Let's be clear about that,'' said George Whitesides, executive director of the National Space Society.
In addition to sponsoring the event, Ariba will make a charitable donation to the National Space Society.
Last week, t/Space unveiled an engineering mockup of its proposed Crew Transfer Vehicle (CXV) in Arlington, VA at the International Space Development Conference presented by the National Space Society.
The National Space Society, a nonprofit organization, reports that 60% to 80% of people surveyed in Japan, Canada, the United States and Europe are interested in going to space and would be willing to spend one month's salary to do so.