Mark Serreze, director of the National Snow and Ice Data Center, is sticking by his Iongtime estimate of 2030 for an ice-free Arctic.
What does NSIDC stand for?
NSIDC stands for National Snow and Ice Data Center
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- North Sulawesi International Choir Competition (Indonesia)
- Network Service Instance Control Function
- National Study of Instructional Costs and Productivity
- Nhava Sheva International Container Terminal (India)
- Narcotics and Special Investigations Division (Washington, DC)
- National Safety Industrial Direct (various locations)
- National Society of Interior Designers (now American Society of Interior Designers)
- Network State Information Database (South Korea)
- Non-Specific Intellectual Disability (mental impairment)
- Nordic Society of Irish Dancers
- National System of Interstate and Defense Highways (US interstate highway system)
- National Sudden Infant Death Resource Center (Washington, DC)
- National Survey of Indigent Defense Systems (US DOJ)
- Near Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
- Naprawa Samochodowych Instalacji Elektrycznych (Polish: Automotive Repair Electrical Systems)
- National Safety Information Exchange (Port Richey, FL)
- National Society of Indian Engineers
- Network Security Information Exchange
- Non-Singular Isothermal Ellipsoid (astrophysics)
- North Seattle Institute of English (North Seattle Community College; Seattle, WA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The frozen Arctic has shrunk to its second lowest level since satellites began measuring it in 1979, capping a decade of "rapidly decreasing summer sea ice," according to-based National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC said the ice cap appeared to have reached its lowest level for the summer, at 4.
84 million square miles, the University of Colorado's National Snow and Ice Data Center said in an annual report.
05 million square miles observed on 21 September 2005, making it the second biggest summer Arctic ice-cap melt in history, said the National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC).
Anything built on top of permafrost requires special engineering adaptations," explains Oliver Frauenfeld, a climate scientist at the University of Colorado-Boulder's National Snow and Ice Data Center.
Gaertner Olivier, Brussels, Belgium According to The National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC), the ice sheets of Antarctica are huge, floating platforms of ice that are grounded by the Antarctic continent and islands in the region.
``I think the Europeans were a little shocked,'' observed Richard Armstrong, a senior research scientist and avalanche expert affiliated with the National Snow and Ice Data Center at the University of Colorado.
Ted Scambos, of the National Snow and Ice Data Center in Colorado, said: "The question now is to find the cause.