He has, however, refuted the allegations that his 9-9-9 tax plan -- replacing the current system with a nine percent national sales tax and his Mormon faith.
What does NST stand for?
NST stands for National Sales Tax
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of NST
We have 175 other meanings of NST in our Acronym Attic
- National Society Sons of Utah Pioneers
- National Safe Schools Week (various locations)
- National School Sport Week
- National Ski-Snowboard Week (Canada)
- Nissan Sales and Service Way (customer service)
- Northeast Sammamish Sewer and Water (Sammamish, WA)
- Not So Secret Weapon
- National Survivor Support Working Group (Voice of the Faithful)
- Nova Scotia School-to-Work Transition (Canada)
- Name Search Transition
- National Scenic Trail (NPS)
- National Sector Team (Canada)
- National Sprint Tour
- National Standard Thread (standard thread used on fire hoses and couplings in the US fire service)
- National Support Team
- National Training Standard
- Native Speaker Teacher
- NATO Staff Target
- Naval Staff Target
- Navigation Technology Satellite
Samples in periodicals archive:
14, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- With the presidential campaign in full swing and discussion of a new national sales tax as a component to tax reform being discussed, the Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA) reiterated the strong opposition of the retail community to any sort of national sales tax or Value Added Tax (VAT).
Several Republicans attacked the "9-9-9" plan touted by Cain, a former Godfather's Pizza chief executive, which would scrap the US tax code in favor of a nine percent national sales tax, corporate tax and individual tax.
” Ensign cited the $3,100 figure — what he calls “the national sales tax on energy” — during a Senate floor speech Wednesday.
But some lawmakers of the rival Republican Party equate it to a national sales tax and say it would hurt an economy already suffering a historic crisis.
Then Clegg addressed the crowd, echoing one of Huckabee's proposals--a call to replace the income tax with a 23 percent national sales tax.
In fact, the national sales tax would have to be 20 to 30 percent at the retail level in order to match the revenue generated by the income tax.
tax code, said it is very unlikely that a national sales tax or European-style value-added tax would win favor over the current income tax system.