Till 9th December 2014, about eight crore transactions have been made through the Aadhaar Payment Bridge for various Government welfare programs such as Direct Benefit Transfer for LPG, Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee scheme, Tribal welfare schemes, Pensions, amounting to Rs.
What does NREGS stand for?
NREGS stands for National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (India)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Natural Resources Enhancement Fund (Nebraska)
- Network Return Entry Fee (banking)
- Neurosurgery Research and Education Foundation (American Association of Neurological Surgeons)
- Non-Infarct Related Ejection Fraction (cardiology)
- North Russian Expeditionary Force (North Russia Campaign)
- National Real Estate Franchise Association (Australia)
- National Rural Employment Guarantee ("Scheme" or "Program"; India)
- Nomura Real Estate Group (Japan)
- National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (India)
- National Rural Employment Guarantee Programme (India)
- National Real Estate Holdings (El Dorado Hills, CA)
- Nomura Real Estate Holdings, Inc. (Japan)
- Normal-Renin Essential Hypertension (medical condition)
- National Real Estate Institute (Cromwell, CT)
- National Real Estate Investment (Club)
- National Real Estate Investor (trade magazine)
- National Rules for Electrical Installations
- National Real Estate Investors Association
- Nomura Real Estate Investment Management
- Naval Research Enterprise Intern Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
Officially valid documents for KYC include passport, driving licence, voter ID card, PAN card, letter issued by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) and job card issued by Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme and signed by a state government official.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley proposed an increase of `5,75,000 crore for social sector schemes like Bharat Nirman, Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme and National Rural Health Mission.
This system is to be applied for making electronic payment of wages to persons who are covered under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme.
The rural Di Bao, together with the urban Di Bao, cover nearly 150 million people, which represents the second largest social protection programme worldwide in terms of scale and coverage, just behind India's National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (NREGS).
The scheme aims to transfer the benefits of the National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (NREGS) to the villagers through use of smart cards and is proposed to be expanded to 19 lead districts of SBI in a phased manner, Shiva Kumar, chief general manager (CGM), SBI, Bhubaneswar circle said.
The finance minister pointed out that farmers are not interested in spending money for replanting and hence the federal government should extend the National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme to these rubber farmers who go in for replanting.
National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (NREGS): The Gol enacted the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act to guarantee 100 days/year of rural employment to every BPL household from which an adult member volunteers to do unskilled manual work.