REHABILITATION COUNSELING SCOPE OF PRACTICE According to Leahy , along with professional associations including the American Rehabilitation Counseling Association and the National Rehabilitation Counseling Association, the following knowledge domains are essential to a certified rehabilitation counselor: * Counseling theories, techniques, and applications: mental health counseling, group and family counseling, individual counseling, psychosocial and cultural issues in counseling, foundations, ethics, and professional issues.
What does NRCA stand for?
NRCA stands for National Rehabilitation Counseling Association
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other meanings of NRCAOther Resources:
We have 42 other definitions for NRCA in our Acronym Attic
- Nuclear Research Corporation
- Number of Root Classes
- Numerical Recipes in C (programming library)
- Nurses for the Rights of the Child
- Nursing Reference Center (resource)
- Nutrition Research Center
- National Resource Center for Child Welfare Data and Technology
- National Research Council - Industrial Research Assistance Program
- National Research Center on the Gifted and Talented
- National Railway Carriers and United Transportation Union
- National Research Center of Antibiotics
- National Roads and Cyclists Association (Australia)
- National Roofing Contractors Association
- Natural Resources Conservation Areas
- Natural Resources Conservation Authority
- Natural Resources Council of America
- Neutron Resonance Capture Analysis
- Nikon Research Corporation of America (Belmont, CA)
- National Research Center on Asian-American Mental Health (University of California Davis)
- Northern Rivers Conservatorium Arts Centre (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
2-4 * 2008 National Rehabilitation Counseling Association (NRCA) Annual Professional Development Symposium: "Rehabilitation Counseling: Practice in a Changing World.
There are currently nine representatives on the Board who represent the following NRA Divisions: National Association of Independent Living National Rehabilitation Association of Job Placement Development National Association of Multi-Cultural Rehabilitation Concerns National Association of Rehabilitation Instructors National Association of Rehabilitation Secretaries National Association of Service Providers in Private Rehabilitation National Rehabilitation Administration Association National Rehabilitation Counseling Association Vocational Evaluation and Work Adjustment Association NRA Regional, Divisional and Chapter Relationships In terms of organizational expansion, NRA's first subunit was the Region which was established in 1948.
Second, during the beginning of the explosive growth years of private sector rehabilitation in the 1970s, the need for a private sector division was considered, however, the consensus at NRA was that the existing National Rehabilitation Counseling Association (NRCA) already provided for private sector involvement.
The divisions are the: National Association of Job Placement Development (JPD) National Association for Independent Living (NAIL) National Association of Rehabilitation Instructors (NARI) National Association of Rehabilitation Secretaries (NARS) National Rehabilitation Administration Association (NRAA) National Rehabilitation Counseling Association (NRCA) Vocational Evaluation & Work Adjustment Association (VEWAA) National Association of Services Providers in Private Rehabilitation (NASPPR) National Association of Multicultural Rehabilitation Concerns (NAMRC) State and Regional Chapters NRA Members automatically become members of State and Regional chapters which, in turn, hold conferences and sponsor training seminars around the country.
Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification, & National Rehabilitation Counseling Association (1988).
Dupont de Nemours and Company, National Rehabilitation Counseling Association (NRCA), President's Committee on Employment of People with Disabilities, and the National Rehabilitation Hospital, which graciously hosted the Seminar; and, of course, the Switzer Scholars for their tireless efforts in making the Seminar a memorable one.
He received distinguished service awards from Goodwill Industries of America, from the National Easter Seal Society, and from the National Rehabilitation Counseling Association.