uk Travel Business Review - 15 November 2012 National Rail Enquiries (NRE) has announced new upgrades for its mobile website and smartphone app, allowing its customers to access the website even faster.
What does NRE stand for?
NRE stands for National Rail Enquiries (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NRE
We have 88 other meanings of NRE in our Acronym Attic
- National Regional Development Strategy (Bulgaria)
- Neonatal Respiratory Distress Syndrome
- Noakhali Rural Development Society (Bangladesh)
- Not Red Don't Shoot (Eve Online gaming)
- Nuclear Rocket Development Station
- Natural Resource Database Template (inventory monitoring accessory; US National Park Service)
- New Robot Destruction Unit (Mecha-Warz; online game)
- Non-Radioactive Dangerous Waste
- Non-Radioactive Dangerous Waste Landfill
- Non-Radioactive Dangerous Waste Storage Facility
- National Railway Equipment (locomotive leasing company)
- National Register Eligible
- Natural Resources and Environment (UK Government Panel)
- Naval Research Enterprise
- Naval Research Establishment
- Navigator Request Engine (library software)
- Nelson Racing Engines (Chatsworth, CA)
- Neuse River Estuary (North Carolina)
- New and Renewable Energy
- New Relationship Energy (alt.polyamory)
Samples in periodicals archive:
LONDON, July 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- National Rail Enquiries is urging all passengers travelling by train over the busy summer period to make use of its many free online and mobile services which provide real time information about train journeys, and everyone who registers on its website before 20[sup.
uk National Rail Enquiries has been fully updated and can be accessed by calling 08457 48 49 50 or by visiting www.
uk or by calling National Rail Enquiries on 08457 48 49 50.
According to National Rail Enquiries, tickets are available at up to pounds 74 for a standard return.
uk, or by calling National Rail Enquiries on 08457 484950.
asked 25 questions of both station staff and the National Rail Enquiries (NRES) helpline.
Passengers can call National Rail Enquiries on 08457 48 49 50 or go to www.