This comes as communities across the country this week observe National Public Health Week (NPHW), which promotes creating a healthy workplace on Wednesday, April 3.
What does NPHW stand for?
NPHW stands for National Public Health Week
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- North Providence High School
- North Putnam High School (Roachdale, IN)
- Northland Pines High School (Wisconsin)
- Congenital Nephrotic Syndrome
- National Public Health Surveillance System
- National Public Health Service for Wales
- National Park Hohe Tauern (National Park in the Alps, Austria)
- National Printing Heritage Trust (Reading, Berkshire, England, UK)
- North Pennines Heritage Trust (UK)
- Nuffield Provincial Hospitals Trust (est. 1940; now Nuffield Trust; UK)
- Nevada Partnership for Homeless Youth (Las Vegas, NV)
- Normal-Pressure Hydrocephalus
- Nadel Phelan, Inc. (Scotts Valley, CA)
- Nano Proprietary, Inc. (Austin, TX)
- Narcissistic Personality Inventory
- National Pain Institute (Florida)
- National Pollutant Inventory (Australia)
- National Polytechnic Institute (various locations)
- National Preservation Institute
- National Procedures Institute (Midland, MI)
Samples in periodicals archive:
National Public Health Week photos and artwork are also welcome.
EDT on March 15, 2013, must relate to the National Public Health Week theme, "Public Health is ROI: Save Lives, Save Money," to convey the return on investment of public health systems.
Other APHA Twitter accounts include: @GetReady, which features tweets on emergency preparedness; @APHAAnnualMtg, which follows proceedings of the APHA Annual Meeting; @NationsHealth, which reports public health news from The Nation's Health newspaper; and @NPHW, which promotes activities of National Public Health Week.
ROI, or "return on investment" is a way of thinking about public health that focuses on long-term, rather than immediate, easy-to-see benefits, according to National Public Health Week organizers.
National Public Health Week is April 5-11 POTTSTOWN, Pa.
That is the message of this year's National Public Health Week theme: "Public Health is ROI: Save Lives, Save Money.
The campaigns -- developed and executed by the students in commemoration of National Public Health Week -- utilize stickers with the slogan "This is Public Health" placed in strategic locations across cities nationwide.