PHAB's standards and measures build on the following body of standards: the National Public Health Performance Standards (NPHPS) and the companion Environmental Public Health Performance Standards (EnvPHPS) (Corso, Landrum, Lenaway, Brooks, & Halverson, 2007; Sarisky, 2009).
What does NPHPS stand for?
NPHPS stands for National Public Health Performance Standards (CDC)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Novas Perspectivas em Historia Moderna (Portuguese: New Perspectives on Modern History)
- National Public Health and Medical Officers' Service (Hungary)
- Nepal Public Health Network (est. 2011)
- Non-Preemptive Priority Handoff
- Non-Profit Health Organization
- Norman Physician Hospital Organization (Norman, OK)
- National Public Health Partnership
- Network Public Health Program
- National Public Health Partnership Group (National Public Health Partnership; Melbourne, Victoria, Australia)
- National Public Health Performance Standards Program (Centers for Disease Control)
- National Partnership for Highway Quality
- National Pinto Horse Registry
- New Phrygian (linguistics)
- Nez Perce Horse Registry (est. 1995; Lapwai, ID)
- National Pediatric and Family HIV Resource Center (New York, NY)
- National Public Health Radio Network (US CDC)
- National Population Health Survey
- National Population Health Survey (UK)
- National Public Health System
Samples in periodicals archive:
The National Public Health Performance Standards Program annual training workshop is scheduled for April 13-14 in Dallas, with a Mobilizing for Action through Planning and Partnerships training April 15-16.
The American Public Health Association, in collaboration with five national partner organizations including the CDC, recently celebrated the launch of a set of national public health performance standards at a summit in Washington, DC.
The Alabama Department of Public Health will be providing Web broadcasts of sessions that focused on global health and the National Public Health Performance Standards Program online at www.
In keeping with CDC's commitment to supporting the adoption and use of the National Public Health Performance Standards (NPHPS) as the blueprint for strengthening the infrastructure that supports public health systems, EHSB has developed complementary Environmental Public Health Performance Standards (EnvPHPS).
The National Public Health Performance Standards Program, a partnership led by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, has released improved versions of its successful performance assessment instruments.
Therefore, since the National Public Health Performance Standards Program provides model standards and indicators for measurement of capacity, as well as examining the relationship between performance of services and outcomes, the department decided to use this assessment tool as a way of evaluating the capacity of its environmental health program to carry out the 10 essential services of public health.
The accomplishments are being realized thanks to the National Public Health Performance Standards Program, a performance assessment tool that helps health system stakeholders assess how well they are meeting the needs of residents.