This sequencing project was part of a joint Department of Energy/USDA/National Science Foundation (NSF) effort that was funded by NSF under the auspices of the National Plant Genome Initiative (NPGI).
What does NPGI stand for?
NPGI stands for National Plant Genome Initiative
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NPGI
- Nitrophenol-P-Guanidino Benzoate
- National Plant Germplasm and Biotechnology Laboratory
- National Power Grid Company (Romania)
- New Pioneer Gun Club (Waukee, Iowa)
- Non-Polypoid Growth-Type Carcinoma (oncology)
- Northern Power Generation Company Limited (Pakistan)
- Noe Ponlyl Glycol Di Acrylate (chemistry)
- Nez Perce Prairie Grass Growers Association
- Non-Proteinuric Gestational Hypertension
- National Planned Giving Institute (College of William and Mary)
- New Power Generation Music Club (Prince`s music club)
- Non-Pseudomonal Gram-Negative
- North Pacific Gyre Oscillation (climate pattern)
- North Pacific Groundfish Observer Program
- Non-Cooperative Power Control Game with Pricing
- National Plant Genetic Resources Board
- National Plant Genetic Resources Centre (South Africa)
- National Plant Genetic Resources Conservation Center (China)
- National Plant Genetic Resources Laboratory (Philippines)
- National Plant Genetic Resources Programme
Samples in periodicals archive:
0309114187 Achievements of the National Plant Genome Initiative and new horizons in plant biology.
rice genome effort is part of the national plant genome initiative to understand the structure and function of genes in plants important to agriculture, the environment and health.