To find out the approximate location of major transmission gas and liquid pipelines, visit the National Pipeline Mapping System website at www.
What does NPMS stand for?
NPMS stands for National Pipeline Mapping System (US DOT)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NPMS
We have 17 other meanings of NPMS in our Acronym Attic
- Neutron Program for Materials Research (International Atomic Energy Agency; Canada)
- North Pacific Marine Research Program (University of Alaska)
- National Public Management Research Conference
- North Pacific Marine Radio Council
- North Pacific Marine Research Institute (Alaska SeaLife Center)
- National Pulp Mills Research Program (papermaking)
- Named Pipes / Mail Slots
- Narrow Pulse Microwave System (E3GS)
- NASA Procurement Management System
- National Performance Management Strategy
- National Project Marking Schedule (UK)
- National Project Management Team (various nations)
- New Pest Management Technologies
- Nippon Pulse Motor Taiwan (est. 2009)
- National Professional Music Teachers Association
- Nuclear Power Mobile Training Team
- National Programme Management Unit (various organizations)
- North Pittsburgh Macintosh Users Group (Pennsylvania)
- Nä Pua No'eau (Center for Gifted and Talented Native Hawaiian Children)
- Nashville Publishers Network (Nashville, TN)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Geospatial Data needed for the National Pipeline Mapping System (NPMS).
One program that combines industry and government efforts concerns the development of a National Pipeline Mapping System.
The Enduro Digi-TeITM DataLogger[TM]--A pig-driven GPS survey to satisfy GIS mapping needs and the National Pipeline Mapping System (NPMS) Geospatial Data requirements.
AMEX:BKR), has been selected by the United States Department of Transportation's Research and Special Programs Administration Office of Pipeline Safety (OPS) to maintain the national geospatial database for the National Pipeline Mapping System (NPMS).
This type of centerline satisfies the requirements for the National Pipeline Mapping System (NPMS) submissions and other state submissions such as the Texas Railroad Commission (T4).
The Enduro Digi-Tel[TM] DataLogger[TM]--A pig-driven GPS survey to satisfy GIS mapping needs and the National Pipeline Mapping System (NPMS) Geospatial Data requirements.
In the National Pipeline Mapping System (NPMS) initiative, operators of natural gas transmission pipelines, hazardous liquid transmission pipelines and liquefied natural gas facilities are required to submit the locations and selected attribute data about their pipeline systems in a GIS compatible format so that government agencies, industry, and the general public have access to reasonably accurate pipeline data in the event of emergency or potentially hazardous situations.