The use of Sierra Leone's territory by ECOMOG for operations against Charles Taylor's National Patriotic Front of Liberia (NPFL) instigated attacks in the border areas of Sierra Leone where the RUF had easy access.
What does NPFL stand for?
NPFL stands for National Patriotic Front of Liberia
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of NPFL
We have 3 other meanings of NPFL in our Acronym Attic
- National Partners for Financial Empowerment
- National Program in Fundraising Education (Canada)
- National Paddling Film Festival
- Newport Partnership for Families (Newport, RI)
- National Prepared Frozen Food Association
- Nebraska Professional Fire Fighters Association (Grand Island, NE)
- No Place for Heroes (band; UK)
- National Plant Food Institute
- Nitrogen-Phosphorus Flame Ionization Detector
- National Program for Information Technology in the NHS (National Health Service, UK)
- Ngati Porou Fisheries Ltd. (New Zealand)
- Northern Power Football League (Minnesota)
- New Public Financial Management (mangagement philosophy)
- North Pacific Fisheries Management Council
- Nazi Punks Freak Off (polite form; Dead Kennedys song)
- National Parkinson Foundation Orange County Chapter (Newport Beach, CA)
- North Pacific Fisheries Observer Training Center (Alaska; National Oceanic and Atmospheric Agency)
- National Population and Family Planning Commission (China)
- National Physician and Family Referral (Dallas, TX)
- New Planning for Results
Samples in periodicals archive:
Taylor's National Patriotic Front of Liberia (NPFL) earned a reputation for extreme violence and was known to force children, some as young as 10, to carry guns.
Realizing that the Doe regime was enveloped by the broader crisis of legitimacy of the neo-colonial Liberian state, and thus had experienced the precipitous erosion of citizen support, the Taylor-led National Patriotic Front of Liberia (NPFL) took advantage of the situation and launched an armed rebellion from neighboring Cote d'Ivoire (Huband, 1998; Williams, 2007; Kieh, 2008).
Some witnesses had claimed at the Special Court for Sierra Leone, where Charles Taylor is facing war crimes charges, that combatants from his National Patriotic Front of Liberia had eaten people to instill fear in civilians in the West African nation.
He said that when he was serving with Taylor's rebel National Patriotic Front of Liberia he had established checkpoints on roads using human intestines and severed heads mounted on sticks.
He came to power at the head of his National Patriotic Front of Liberia (NPFL) rebel group in UN brokered elections in 1997, after a nine-year civil war.
He brought with him the National Patriotic Front of Liberia -- with the intention of ousting the regime of the Samuel Doe.
The National Patriotic Front of Liberia (NPFL) led by Charles Taylor led an uprising.