As with all national organising committees, the Libyan NOC, not an individual, has been allocated a few hundred tickets which they are responsible for distributing to sports organisations and athletes within their country.
What does NOC stand for?
NOC stands for National Organising Committee
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NOC
We have 164 other meanings of NOC in our Acronym Attic
- National Occupational Classification (Immigration Canada)
- National Ocean Council
- National Oceanography Centre (UK)
- National Officials Committee (various organizations)
- National Offshore Council
- National Oil Company
- National Oil Corporation (Libya)
- National Olympic Committee
- National Operating Center
- National Operations Center
- National Outreach Convention
- Natural Optimizer Compiler (Software AG USA)
- Naval Oceanography Command
- Naval Operations Center
- Naval Ordnance Center
- Navy Officer Classification
- Nederlands Olympisch Comité (Netherlands Olympic Committee)
- Negotiation Operations Center
- Neighbor of Choice (Merck Company Foundation grants program; New Jersey)
- Nepal Oil Corporation (est. 1970)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This was followed, on 4 February 2010, by the creation of a National Organising Committee (CNOC) for the events, charged with the "conception, organisation, supervision, and evaluation of all the preparations and celebrations of the Golden Jubilee of Independence and Reunification of Cameroon".
One of the reasons we are hosting the SNAMMM is that we want to share our best practices, particularly the unique experience we have in the Southern Philippines," said Seguis, who is also the secretary-general of the SNAMMM National Organising Committee.
We know there are grants that the 2012 people will have for local communities to host national organising committees, maybe that will be something Birmingham goes after to underwrite what those expenses will be.
Mr Jin is also a leading member of China's Olympic Games 2008 national organising committee preparing for the much-anticipated event to be staged in Beijing for the first time.
Hosted by the UAE National Organising Committee for Civil Society, and organised by the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the forum was held from October 15 to 17 in Dubai.
A staff member at the Hilton Beijing said it would be full next month because it was hosting six countries' national organising committees.
Hosted by the UAE National Organising Committee for Civil Society, and organised by the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the forum is being held from October 15 to 17 in Dubai, and in Abu Dhabi from October 18 to 19.