The group were arrested after an intelligence-led operation by the National Mobile Phone Crime Unit (NMPCU).
What does NMPCU stand for?
NMPCU stands for National Mobile Phone Crime Unit (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Ndi Moyo Palliative Care Centre
- Nimitz-McArthur Pacific Command Center
- Nonlinear Model Predictive Control Center
- New Mexico Polymer Clay Guild
- Nuclear Matrix-Pore Complex-Lamina
- National Marine Pollution Contingency Plan (Malta)
- Northern Mallee Primary Care Partnership (Australia)
- Nested Multiplex Polymerase Chain Reaction
- New Mexico Parent and Child Resources (Albuquerque, NM)
- Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable Trust (Indianapolis, IN)
- New Mexico Police Department
- New Mombasa Police Department (fictional; Halo video game series)
- North Miami Police Department (Florida)
- Navy Military Personnel Data Base
- National Missing Person DNA Database (US FBI)
- National Microbial Pathogen Database Resource
- Nursing/Midwifery Planning and Development Unit
- Normal Mouse Peritoneal Exudate Cells
- New Mexico Public Education Department
- National Milk Producers Federation
Samples in periodicals archive:
Alexander was arrested by the National Mobile Phone Crime Unit at the Metropolitan Police (NMPU) and charged in 2009 with money laundering by acquiring and possessing criminal property, between January 2005 and October 2008.
Detective Superintendent Mick McNally, head of the National Mobile Phone Crime unit said that "Technology is increasing at an incredible rate.
The Immobilise Phone Crime initiative will see industry representatives and The National Mobile Phone Crime Unit meet at The Link Store, Land of Prince Bishops, in Durham, at 4.
``On this occasion, we have made the best use of the technology available to us by our partners from the national mobile phone crime unit and we will continue to draw on support from those team players to address the issues of mobile phone crime.
``We have made the best use of the technology made available to us by our partners from the national mobile phone crime unit and we will continue to draw on support from those team players to address the issues of mobile phone crime.
Inspector Ken Lloyd, Safer Streets co-ordinator, said the force was delighted by the results of the scheme, which gave officers priority access to the National Mobile Phone Crime Unit for eleven days.
The National Mobile Phone Crime Unit, based in London, will gather information in a bid to crack down on the massive numbers of street robberies involving mobile phones.