The facilities getting an upgrade in the region are the Freshwater Institute, National Microbiology Laboratory, Manitoba Regional Library and Western Forensic Laboratory.
What does NML stand for?
NML stands for National Microbiology Laboratory (Canada)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NML
We have 80 other meanings of NML in our Acronym Attic
- Namaste Milton Keynes Samaj (Nepalese society)
- News Makers with Krishna Sagar (talk show; India)
- Niederrheinische Musik- und Kunstschule (German: Lower Rhine Music and Art School)
- Norowareta Mecha Ki Soceity (gaming clan)
- Norsk Maritim Kveldsskole (Norwegian: Norwegian Maritime Evening School)
- Newton Mid-Kansas Symphony Orchestra (Newton, KS; est. 1956)
- National Monument Kamp Vught (Vught, Netherlands)
- Nuorten Miesten Kristillinen Yhdistys (Finnish: Young Men's Christian Association)
- Nackawic Mechanical Ltd. (Nackawic, NB, Canada manufacturing firm)
- National Media Laboratory
- National Museums Liverpool (UK)
- Natur Museum Luzern (German: Lucerne Nature Museum; Lucerne, Switzerland)
- Network Management Layer
- Neutral Messaging Language
- New Media Literacies (University of Southern California)
- New Mexico Legislature
- New Millennium Learners
- News Markup Language (XML format; International Press Telecommunications Council)
- Nine Mile Lake (Wyoming)
- Nine Months Later (band from Seattle, Washington)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Frank Plummer, the head of the National Microbiology Laboratory in Winnipeg where the sequencing was done, as saying that his team has worked around the clock for the past week to accomplish this world first.
Frank Plummer, Scientific Director General of the National Microbiology Laboratory, said it took less than a week for scientists working around the clock to map or decode the virus.
The new study, reported in the journal Nature, was carried out at Canada's National Microbiology Laboratory in Winnipeg.
This recombinant virus attracts the attention of a mammal's immune system, which then makes antibodies that foster immunity against the Marburg virus, says study coauthor Heinz Feldmann, a virologist at the National Microbiology Laboratory of Canada in Winnipeg.
Similarly, a false-positive result for severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) in 2003 from the National Microbiology Laboratory in Canada created public alarm that SARS was reemerging, when the virus was actually that of a common respiratory illness in a nursing home (6).
14 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Cepheid today announced that it has entered into a collaboration with the Public Health Agency of Canada's National Microbiology Laboratory to develop in-field nucleic acid assays for Ebola, Marburg and Lassa fever viruses utilizing Cepheid's GeneXpert technology.
Researchers at the National Microbiology Laboratory of the Public Health Agency of Canada in Winnipeg, Manitoba, made the vaccines from a third, much less dangerous, virus that causes the livestock disease vesicular stomatitis.