Students will be able to experience Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary through the Project Shiphunt adventure directly from their classrooms.
What does NMS stand for?
NMS stands for National Marine Sanctuary (US Park Service)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NMS
We have 270 other meanings of NMS in our Acronym Attic
- Natural Medicine Research Unit (est. 1994; Hadassah Medical Organization)
- Naval Medical Research Unit
- Not Most Recently Used (cache replacement scheme)
- North Malabar Railway Users' Forum (India)
- National Monuments Record of Wales
- New Mexico Rural Water Association (Albuquerque, NM)
- New Meadows River Watershed Project (est. 1999; Maine)
- Institute for Nuclear Materials Science (Belgium)
- NAF (Non-Appropriated Fund) Management System
- Nagoya Municipal Subway (Japan)
- National Maritime System
- National Market System (now Nasdaq National Market)
- National Master Specification (Canadian building specifications)
- National Medal of Science
- National Medical Series for Independent Study
- National Medicines Symposium (Australia)
- National Mentoring Scheme (UK)
- National Merchant Solutions
- National Merit Scholar(ship)
- National Meteorological Services
Samples in periodicals archive:
While in Doha in April, Jason Patlis, president and CEO of the National Marine Sanctuary Foundation (NMSF), announced that four Qatari students had been selected by the Supreme Council of Education to participate in the 2011 Ocean for Life programme in Channel Islands National Marine Sanctuary.
Emma Hickerson , a sanctuary research coordinator, said that a NOAA survey cruise just returned from the Flower Garden Banks National Marine Sanctuary off the coasts of Texas and Louisiana .
After changing into wet suits and life preservers in the company's locker room, we met our guide, who launched our kayak into the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary below the Monterey Plaza Hotel.
In 1997, the 1,218 square nautical miles of coastal and ocean waters around the main Hawai'ian Islands became a National Marine Sanctuary to protect these cetaceans.
The team included scientists from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA) Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary, MBARI, and Moss Landing Marine Laboratories.
As part of a uniquely Key West benefit event called the Underwater Music Festival, Alfonso accepted the challenge earlier this year to conduct her own symphony's recording of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony on the ocean floor at the Looe Key National Marine Sanctuary, surrounded by divers holding prop instruments representing a "trombonefish," a "manta-lin," and so on.
The entire destination has been designated a National Marine Sanctuary protecting the natural resources above and below water.