The present series by the new National Mapping Division of Geoscience Australia was started in 1995 and saw the use of improved technology such as satellite imagery and global positioning systems, and contracted private sector inputs.
What does NMD stand for?
NMD stands for National Mapping Division
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NMD
We have 97 other meanings of NMD in our Acronym Attic
- National Medical Care Utilization and Expenditure Survey
- New Mexico Credit Union League
- North Monterey County Unified School District
- New Mexico Crime Victims Association (Albuquerque, NM)
- New Mexico Concierge and Visitors Bureau
- National Museum of Civil War Medicine
- National Multi-Commodity Exchange of India Ltd. (also seen as NMCE)
- New Mexico Conference of Young People in Alcoholics Anonymous
- Nanostructured Materials and Devices (workshop)
- NASA Master Directory
Samples in periodicals archive:
The USGS's National Mapping Division developed DOQ technology at its Menlo Park center, beginning in 1987.
; LizardTech; European Union Satellite Centre (EUSC); DM Solutions Group Inc (DMSG); and the US Geological Survey (USGS) National Mapping Division.
Australian Marine Science and Technology Limited (AMSAT) manages the project for AusAID, and Geoscience Australia, National Mapping Division -- a Federal Government unit within the Department for Industry Science and Resources -- is responsible for the establishment and management of a Continuous Global Positioning System (CGPS) network.
Geological Survey's National Mapping Division, in Souix Falls, S.
G&O) was recently recognized by the United States Geological Survey (USGS), National Mapping Division (NMD) as a "Top Performer" for its efforts as one of the top private sector contractors.
Geological Survey (USGS) contract to provide technical support to the USGS National Mapping Division.