THE National Library of Wales was closed to the public yesterday as staff took strike action over pay and concerns about the library's future.
What does NLW stand for?
NLW stands for National Library of Wales
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NLW
We have 12 other meanings of NLW in our Acronym Attic
- Noncompaction of Left Ventricular Myocardium
- Nordic Language Variation Network
- Non-Linear Vector Network Analyzer
- Nonlinear Velocity Obstacle (robotics)
- North Lanarkshire Voluntary Organisation (UK)
- North Las Vegas Police Department (Nevada)
- New Life Volunteering Society (est. 1999; various locations)
- Northern Light Virtual Services (online business services)
- Northern Lights Vocational Services (est. 1985; Canada)
- Neon-Life Visual Technology (computer monitor feature; CTX International)
- National Library Week
- New London (Amtrak station code; New London, WI)
- Newton-Le-Willows (town; England, UK)
- NoLimitWorld (game)
- Non-Lethal Weapons
- Non-Linked Washery
- National Land and Water Audit (Australia)
- North London Waste Authority (est. 1986; UK)
- Northwood Lake Watershed Association (New Hampshire)
- National Life Work Center
Samples in periodicals archive:
Prior to joining the Board of the National Library of Wales in 2010 Huw was a Trustee of Amgueddfa Cymru National Museum Wales and he remains an independent member of the Museum s Audit Committee.
There is also work never publicly displayed before on loan from The National Library of Wales in Aberystwyth.
Williams, Images of Welsh History: Seals of the National Library of Wales (Aberystwyth: National Library of Wales, 2007), vi + 46 pp.
Much of the funding will finance a Welsh- speaking research student to consult source documents in the National Library of Wales, including Edwards's private papers.
Largest reference libraries in UK (number of books)1 British Library, London 15,000,000 2 National Library of Scotland, Edinburgh 7,000,000 3 Bodleian Library, Oxford 6,675,000 4 University Library, Cambridge 6,530,000 5 National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth 5,000,000 6 British Library of Political & Economic Science, London School of Economics 4,000,000 7 John Rylands University Library, Manchester 3,500,000 8 University of Edinburgh Library 2,739,000 9 University of Leeds Library 2,500,000 10 University of Birmingham Library 2,100,000
The company's customers include Boeing, the United Nations, the National Library of Wales, Interfleet Technology, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, the World Trade Organization, Cheshire and Merseyside Strategic Health Authority, and nearly half of the UK's police forces.
THE NATIONAL Library of Wales will be shut to the public tomorrow as a result of strike action by staff over pay.