Albert was chosen NL Outstanding Player and Player of the Year after leading the Majors in home runs (47) and by finishing first among all National Leaguers in runs scored (124), on-base percentage (.
What does NLer stand for?
NLer stands for National Leaguer
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of NLer
- Newfoundland and Labrador Environmental Network (St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada)
- North Lawndale Employment Network (Chicago, IL)
- National Law Enforcement Officers
- National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial (Washington, DC, USA)
- National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund
- Nambucca Local Environmental Plan (est. 1995; New South Wales, Australia)
- National Laboratory for Enteric Pathogens (Canada)
- National Leprosy Eradication Programme (New Delhi, India)
- Northern Lights Energy Program (Michigan Public Service Commission)
- National Law Enforcement Policy Center
- New Life Equine Rescue (New Windsor, MD)
- National Law Enforcement Recruiters Association (Arlington, VA)
- Norwich Learning and Employment Resource Centre (Norwich, Ontario, Canada)
- National Life Extension Research Institute
- Natural Life Employment Services (recruiting firm; Florida)
- Navigation Land Earth Station
- Next Level Engineering Services (Mill Creek, WA)
- Nic Law Enforcement Supply
- Noel Lesley Event Services, Inc. (Ashland, OR)
- Non-Linear Editing System (video editing)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Loney's RBIs were the most by a Dodgers player since Hodges drove in nine in a 1950 game against the Boston Braves, the most by any National Leaguer since Sammy Sosa drove in nine for the Chicago Cubs in a 2002 game at Coors and the most by a rookie since Boston's Fred Lynn drove in 10 on June 18, 1975.
We were staunch National Leaguers at heart, but fans--even bratty little sisters--have to be free to choose for themselves.
Now that he is a National Leaguer, he is finding it a bit more challenging, at least through one start.
``He's the first National Leaguer to drive in 47 runs, steal 17 bases and commit 34 errors since 1987
``I've only seen him up close the last two years,'' said Scioscia, a lifetime National Leaguer until taking over the Angels last season.
And what does a career National Leaguer think of the designated hitter?
Sheffield and Helton are the only National Leaguers among the leaders in batting, homers, RBI and runs scored.