13,112 that established the National Invasive Species Council (NISC), (58) the federal government's regulation of invasive plant species can be characterized as reactive, incremental, piecemeal, and focused primarily on protecting agricultural productivity.
What does NISC stand for?
NISC stands for National Invasive Species Council (US Department of the Interior)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NISC
We have 63 other meanings of NISC in our Acronym Attic
- NAS Implementation Support Contract
- National / International Switching Center
- National Indoor Sports Centre (Jamaica)
- National Information Services Corporation
- National Information Solutions Cooperative
- National Inquiry Services Centre (South Africa)
- National Institute of Senior Centers
- National Institute of Statistics and Census (various locations)
- National Integrated Service Center (Sprint)
- National Interest Security Company (Fairfax, VA)
- Nationwide Investment Services Corporation (Nationwide Financial)
- Naval Intelligence Support Center
- Netherlands International Shooting Competition (military competition)
- Network Information Systems Center (Internet)
- Network Infrastructure Support System
- Nexus Information Sources Company Pte Ltd. (Singapore)
- NGO (Non-Governmental Organisation) Information and Support Centre
- No-Instruction-Set-Computer (design synthesis tools)
- Northern Ireland Supporters Club (UK)
- NSA ISSO Service Center
Samples in periodicals archive:
That is why the USDA's Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS), the National Invasive Species Council (NISC) and the Department of State are working together to promote awareness of the risk.
Together, the three provide technical support to the policy-intensive National Invasive Species Council.
State officials most frequently identified the National Invasive Species Council (Council) specifically authorized in legislation as an effective leadership structure for managing invasive species, although many state officials thought that continuing with the Council as currently established by executive order would also be effective.
Concerted action by the National Invasive Species Council (NISC), the administration, and Congress can make dramatic policy improvements, just as dramatic improvements were made in the nation's oil spill response capabilities.
The order also created the National Invasive Species Council to write a national plan and oversee efforts to control invasive plants and animals.
It's a marvelous example to show how things have changed," says Chris Dionigi, assistant director for Domestic Policy, Science and Cooperation for the National Invasive Species Council.
In planning our sharpshooter research and our other investigations of unwanted invasive or exotic organisms, we coordinate with the National Invasive Species Council.