The National Interagency Fire Center in Boise, Idaho, requires state wildfire crews to get annual refresher training on tasks such as clearing fire lines and setting up emergency fire shelters.
What does NFIC stand for?
NFIC stands for National Interagency Fire Center
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NFIC
We have 16 other meanings of NFIC in our Acronym Attic
- Net Factor Income from Abroad (national business statistic)
- Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency
- Niagara Falls International Airport
- National Federation of Indian-American Associations (Washington, DC)
- No Freaking Idea At All
- National Federation of Independent Business
- National Foreign Intelligence Board
- National Foreign Intelligence Council
- National Fraud Information Center
- National Freedom of Information Coalition
- National Inventor Fraud Center, Inc.
- News from Indian Country (publication)
- National Federation Interscholastic Coaches Association
- National Federation Interscholastic Coaches Education Program
- Netherlands Foundation for International Child Health
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases
- Needle-Free Injection Device
- Net Food-Importing Developing Countries
- Not Food Importing Developing Countries
- Naqshbandiya Foundation for Islamic Education (Gilbert, AZ)
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to the National Interagency Fire Center (www.
1 million acres have burned--almost 1 million acres less than the 10-year average calculated by the National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC).
Because of the possibility of fire, National Interagency Fire Center spokesperson Jennifer Smith that they are monitoring potential wild fires in the borders of New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado and Utah.
Three MH-60Ss from HSC-3 and HSC-21 helped fight fires in Ventura County at the beginning of May According to the National Interagency Fire Center, the first six months of 2013 saw more than 23,000 wildfires throughout the United States that burned more than 1.
That, says Rick Ochoa of the National Interagency Fire Center in Boise, brings a change in the West's fire seasons: "They start earlier and go later.
Forest Service, National Interagency Fire Center, Boise, Idaho, for fire support helicopter services.
Wildfires--Top 10 States For Wildland Fires in 2007 Rank State Fires Acres Burned 1 California 9,093 1,087,110 2 Georgia 8,726 837,895 3 North Carolina 7,000 54,658 4 Florida 4,918 578,346 5 South Carolina 3,842 17,064 6 Oklahoma 3,519 69,907 7 Alabama 3,373 64,262 8 Tennessee 3,361 48,572 9 Oregon 2,561 648,046 10 Arizona 2,240 101,381 Source: National Interagency Fire Center