Yuuki Watanabe from the National Institute of Polar Research in Tokyo, who took part in the study, said that, when you account for the size of its body, it is the slowest fish in the ocean.
What does NIPR stand for?
NIPR stands for National Institute of Polar Research (Japan)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NIPR
We have 9 other meanings of NIPR in our Acronym Attic
- Nihon Ken Hozonkai (Association for the Preservation of Japanese Dogs)
- NASA Integrated Payroll/Personnel Systems
- Naval Intelligence Processing System Support Activity
- Nasal Intermittent Positive Pressure Ventilation
- Nocturnal Intermittent Positive Pressure Ventilation
- Noninvasive Positive Pressure Ventilation
- Number of Interest Payments per Year
- Naval Intelligence Professionals Quarterly (journal)
- National Index of Parish Registers (genealogy)
- National Industrial Plant Reserve
- National Insurance Producer Registry
- Naval Intelligence Products Register
- Net Inlet Pressure Required (pump)
- New Ideas in Pollution Regulation (publication)
- Nigerian Institute of Public Relations
- Non-Secure Internet Protocol Router
- Northeast Indiana Public Radio (Fort Wayne, IN)
- Northern Ireland Publications Resource (Belfast, Ireland)
- Not Including Primary Residence (market analysis)
- National Intellectual Property Researchers Association (Virginia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The company will test the system from this month to March 2012, using a wind-power generation facility in Nikaho, Akita Prefecture, on behalf of the National Institute of Polar Research.
Tsukuba University, and the High Energy Accelerator Research Organization, in collaboration with the Institute of Low Temperature Science, Hokkaido University, and the National Institute of Polar Research (NIPR).