We can make the invisible visible; that's what is most important," said Koichi Kawakami of Japan's National Institute of Genetics.
What does NIG stand for?
NIG stands for National Institute of Genetics
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NIG
We have 34 other meanings of NIG in our Acronym Attic
- National Stock Exchange Fifty (India)
- Northern Ireland Fencing Union (UK)
- Norwegian Institute for Urban and Regional Research (Oslo, Norway)
- Nederlands Instituut Fysieke Veiligheid (Dutch: Dutch Institute of Physical Security)
- Next-Generation Infantry Fighting Vehicle (Republic of Korea Armed Forces)
- National Indigenous Family Violence Grants Programme (Australia)
- Nothing in File Wants and Warrants (police)
- Nedgroup Investments Fund Xchange
- Newport-Inglewood Fault Zone
- National Industries Group (Kuwait)
- National Insurance Guarantee Corporation Ltd. (UK insurance company)
- Naval Inspector General (US Navy)
- Navy Inspector General
- New in Germany
- Nigeria Internet Group (Lagos, Nigeria)
- Non-Investment Grade (bonds)
- Norddeutsche Jugend Im Internationalen Gemeinschaftsdienst eV
- not in goal (soccer)
- National Indian Gaming Association
- National Issuing and Guaranteeing Association (India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The research breakthrough was accomplished in conjunction with Genome Informatics Laboratory in the National Institute of Genetics.
The research breakthrough was accomplished in conjunction with Genome Informatics Laboratory in the National Institute of Genetics (Mishima City, Shizuoka Prefecture).
Today, all of GenBank's content is tightly integrated with two other databases, one (the EMBL Nucleotide Sequence Database) maintained by the European Molecular Biology Laboratory in Heidelberg, Germany, and the other (the DNA Data Bank of Japan) by the Center for Information Biology of the Japanese National Institute of Genetics in Mishima.
In April, several dozen biologists gathered in California to scrutinize the sea squirt's DNA, which was sequenced by DOE and Japanese groups from Kyoto University in Tokyo and the National Institute of Genetics in Mishima.
The collaboration consists of Japan's DNA Data Bank under the National Institute of Genetics, the Britain-based European Molecular Biology Laboratory's Nucleotide Sequence Database, and GenBank of the National Center for Biotechnology Information in the U.
The largest installation, Buchanan said, is at the National Institute of Genetics in Japan.
Japan's National Institute of Genetics (NIG) Deputy Director Takashi Gojobori, who is also Visiting Distinguished Chair Professor of NCKU, pointed out that efforts will be focused on the research of the variation of native species in Taiwan, especially the collection and analysis of seed gene pool, to build a complete gene sequencing database and also conduct a complete gene sequencing analysis on the collected genes.