Earlier today, Prince Khalid bin Sultan, paid two visits to both the Kawasaki company and the National Institute for Defense Studies (NIDS) in Tokyo.
What does NIDS stand for?
NIDS stands for National Institute for Defense Studies (Japan)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NIDS
We have 31 other meanings of NIDS in our Acronym Attic
- National Institute for Dispute Resolution
- National Institute of Dental Research (now NIDCR)
- National Institute of Disaster Restoration
- Network Information Discovery and Retrieval
- Nuclear Interactions and Dosimetry
- Nonspecific Inflammatory Diseases of the Respiratory Organs
- National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (US Department of Education)
- National Infectious Disease Reporting System (Italy)
- National Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf
- National Immunization Days (WHO)
- National Institute for Discovery Science
- National Institute of Decontamination Specialists (Piedmont, SC)
- National Integrated Development Strategy
- National Intelligence Display System
- National Military Command Center (NMCC) information display system (US DoD)
- NATO Integrated Data Service
- Navigation Information Display System
- Navigation Instrument Development Unit (US Navy)
- Network Intrusion Detection Systems
- Network Inventory & Design System
Samples in periodicals archive:
The report by the National Institute for Defense Studies noted "a clear pattern of collaboration" between the People's Liberation Army and Chinese government departments in the field of maritime security, referring to joint drills and exercises between the PLA and maritime law enforcement agencies.
The report by the National Institute for Defense Studies noted 'a clear pattern of collaboration' between the People's Liberation Army and Chinese Government departments in the field of maritime security, referring to joint drills and exercises between the PLA and maritime law enforcement agencies.
The National Institute for Defense Studies in another report also warned of recent political instability in Japan, saying having five prime ministers in only three years has prompted Russia to make light of Japan.
TOKYO, June 4 Kyodo Selected editorial excerpts from the Japanese press: SPEED UP STUDIES ON CONSTITUTION (The Daily Yomiuri as translated from the Japanese-language Yomiuri Shimbun) A panel of experts from the private sector has compiled a report for the National Institute for Defense Studies on defense strategies after two years of studies.
forces initially expected to occupy the island in five days, but ended up suffering 28,686 casualties, with 6,821 dead, while the Japanese forces suffered 20,933 casualties, with 19,900 dead, according to the National Institute for Defense Studies.
Prosecutors had demanded a one-year prison term for Hagisaki, 38, who was a lieutenant commander and researcher at the Defense Agency's National Institute for Defense Studies until being dishonorably discharged in October.
North Korea may clearly say the United States, which continues to think of it as part of an 'axis of evil,' is no longer its dialogue partner,'' said Hideshi Takesada, deputy director of the Second Research Department at the Defense Agency's National Institute for Defense Studies (NIDS).