In the United States, ISO's efforts are accomplished under the aegis of its secretariat, the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), and the National Information Standards Organization (NISO) in collaboration with stakeholder bodies, such as ARMA International.
What does NISO stand for?
NISO stands for National Information Standards Organization
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NISO
We have 13 other meanings of NISO in our Acronym Attic
- Naval Inactive Ships Maintenance Office
- Nissan Motorsport
- Northern Ireland Sites and Monuments Record
- NASA Integrated Services Network
- National Immigrant Solidarity Network (South Pasadena, CA)
- National Irrigation Science Network (est. 1999)
- Neuraminidase Inhibitor Susceptibility Network
- Nomor Induk Siswa Nasional (Indonesian: National Student Parent Number; Department of National Education)
- Nordic Irish Studies Network (University of Tromsø; Norway)
- Newly Independent States Nonproliferation Program
- National Irish Safety Organisation
- Naval Investigative Service Office
- Netherlands Industrial Space Organization
- New International Student Orientation (Western Illinois University; Moline, IL)
- Northwest Iowa Symphony Orchestra (Sioux Center, IA)
- National Intercollegiate Soccer Officials Association
- National Iranian South Oil Company
- National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (US CDC)
- Naval Investigative Service Office, Japan
Samples in periodicals archive:
The National Information Standards Organization (2008) discusses metadata standards for digitized information resources, saying that "metadata is structured information associated with an object for the purposes of discovery, description, use, management, and preservation" (NISO, 2008).
The National Information Standards Organization (NISO) is becoming a critical resource for library integration.
In addition, the Library of Congress is currently embarked on the development of a national digital talking-book technical standard through the National Information Standards Organization.
3M intends to implement an ISO tag data format standard when one is approved, and currently has a representative serving on a committee of the National Information Standards Organization (NISO), the U.
AIIM, the American Society for Testing and Materials, the National Archives and Records Administration, the National Information Standards Organization, the U.
In September 2000, NIST and the National Information Standards Organization co-sponsored the Electronic Book 2000 Conference in Washington, DC.
The DAISY National Information Standards Organization (NISO) Standard is based on XML/SMIL computer language and provides structured access and navigation facilities to stored text, audio and video information.