As the leader in ISDN capability with National ISDN 1 and 2 now available, the EWSD system will enable subscribers of this telephone company to work-at-home using ISDN lines to remotely access a LAN (Local Area Network) and retrieve files; conduct meetings with colleagues using video conferencing technology; or "meet" on-line with co-workers to collaborate on a document.
What does NI1 stand for?
NI1 stands for National ISDN 1
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- National ISDN 1
- National ISDN 2
- Numerical Integrations-Circuit Impedance Boundary Condition (microwave theory)
- Network Inventory Database
- Northeast Indiana It's Time for Change
- Network Induced Location Request (telecommunications)
- Nickel-Metal Hydride (battery technology)
- Nickel-Silver (copper alloy)
- Non-Interlaced, Low Radiation
- Nonimmune Group Infected with Treponema Pallidum
- Net Indexer 2
- New International Dictionary, 2nd Edition
- New International Dictionary, 3rd Edition
- National Instrument 43
- National Initiative for Democracy
- Nagasaki International Association (est. 1990; Japan)
- Nails Industry Association
- National Imaging Associates (radiology)
- National Indoor Arena (UK)
- National Infantry Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
1, access is available to Custom AT&T ISDN services in addition to existing ISDN services based on National ISDN 1 (NI1) protocols provided by Siemens EWSD, AT&T 5ESS, and Nortel DMS100 central office switches.
April 21 /PRNewswire/ -- As part of its Supercomm '94 demonstrations, Siemens Stromberg-Carlson is delivering National ISDN 1 and 2 services to its Supercomm booth from an EWSD(A) switch located in South Central Bell's Riverside central office.
In addition to IS-41 protocol analysis, the NETLENS 3000 is adding National ISDN 1 analysis for its ISDN BRI Interface, and National ISDN 2 analysis for its ISDN PRI Interface.
Feature: Special features for ISDN (and sync communications) include 4:1 compression with STAC algorithm, support AT&T 5ESS and Northern Telecom DMS 100 switches; meets standards of National ISDN 1 and B channel protocol PPP, allowing for routing of AppleTalk, TCP/IP, IPX.