National Hydrology Research Institute (NHRI), Saskatoon, SK Major research studies at NHRI focus on the impacts of nutrients and contaminants on aquatic ecosystems; the integration of hydrological, biophysical, chemical and ecological processes in cold regions; climate change impacts and remediation and land use impacts.
What does NHRI stand for?
NHRI stands for National Hydrology Research Institute
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NHRI
We have 5 other meanings of NHRI in our Acronym Attic
- New Hampshire Real Estate Investor's Association (Manchester, NH)
- National Hellenic Research Foundation
- Norwegian Human Rights Fund (Oslo, Norway)
- North Hudson Regional Fire and Rescue (West New York, NJ)
- North Hunterdon Regional High School
- Northern Highlands Regional High School
- New Haven Railroad Historical and Technical Association
- National Health Research Institution (Taiwan)
- National Human Rights Institutions
- National Hurricane Research Initiative
- Natural Health Research Institute (est. 2002; Tulsa, OK)
- Nebraska Human Resources Institute
- National Health Related Item Codes
- New Hampshire Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf
- Nowa Huta Rugby Klub (Poland)
- NASCAR (National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing) Heat Racing League
- National HIV and Retrovirology Laboratories (Public Health Agency of Canada)
- National Hurricane Research Laboratory (est. 1964; Miami, FL)
- Northern Hemisphere Reference Line
- Native Hawaiian Revolving Loan Fund
Samples in periodicals archive:
When researchers from the National Hydrology Research Institute in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, started their study, they presumed that abundant single-celled plants in the river would grow slower when exposed to UV radiation -- an effect previously documented in studies of algae removed from oceans and lakes.