Specifically tailored processing sequences generalize data compiled for the National Hydrography Dataset (NHD) at 1:24,000 (24K) scale.
What does NHD stand for?
NHD stands for National Hydrography Dataset
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NHD
We have 54 other meanings of NHD in our Acronym Attic
- New Hampshire College and University Council (Concord)
- New Hampshire Conference of the United Church of Christ (Pembroke, NH)
- National Hsinchu University of Education (Taiwan)
- New Hampshire Credit Union League
- New Hampshire Citizens Voice Project (est. 2002; education advocacy)
- National Health Center Week
- New Hampshire Celebrates Wellness
- Non-Health Care Worker
- National Heritage Database
- National History Day
- Natural Hazard Disclosure
- Natural Heritage Division
- Neocron Holo-Deck (online gaming clan)
- Nightmare Hunter Deep (role-playing game)
- Non-Homogeneity Detector
- Normalized Hamming Distance (software metric)
- National Hand Dance Association
- National Highway Development Authority (India)
- National Housing Data Agreements (Australia)
- National Housing Development Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Streambed Mapping Project is a one-of-a-kind project that combines statewide LIDAR data with aerial images to extend streamlines to the six acre limit for the purpose of improving upon the horizontal accuracy of the National Hydrography Dataset (NHD) within North Carolina.
The ontology was constructed using previous USGS classifications of topographic features including Digital Line Graph-Enhanced (DLG-E), Digital Line Graph-Feature (DLG-F), and the National Hydrography Dataset (NHD) formal specifications and the current Best Practices Data models to provide a basis for a new ontology that can support The National Map (Varanka 2009).